Saturday, October 31, 2009

HEY, HERRIMAN!

Look Kids! New Comics!
Been sitting on this strip for a little bit (at least a couple of months) mostly because I didn't know how I wanted to present it, I really liked how crisp the linework came out but it was way too empty. With the exception of 'Fahad's' hair and in inside of his mouth everything else was white and open. So after I while I decided, no matter how crisp the lines came out, I had to color it. AND COLOR IT I DID, that's right a new FULL COLOR IKC STRIP (it's been a while since we had one of those)

Two points should be made, the first being that this was the first thing that I ever colored with my new WACOM TABLET! There was a bit of a learning curve, but after I got the hang of it the tablet definitely made the coloring process much easier for me, cutting the time it usually takes in HALF (before, I would use a mouse and it would take me hours)
The second, is that this strip is an (obvious) ode to George Herriman and his comic creation KRAZY KAT, if you don't know who or what I am talking about EDUCATE YOURSELF NOW, YOU ARE ON THE INTERNET YOU HAVE THE VERY TOOL YOU NEED TO LEARN!

more soon, comment if you can!

1 comment:

s. said...

those are some tight jeans friend! lol

good strip!